Server Developer, Ottawa, Canada
Job Location: Ottawa, Canada
Graphite Software is a Kanata, Ontario based software start-up, developing an innovative OS-level virtualization solution for Android devices called Secure Spaces, which allows virtual phones with different apps and data to co-exist on a single device. The virtual phones can also be downloaded and managed via a cloud service.
We are looking for a web services developer who is passionate about solving problems in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment, where he or she will be using the latest technologies for building cloud based web services that scale globally.
• Work in a team developing Graphite Software’s Cloud based web services as part of the company’s security solution;
• Developing applications using reactive programming frameworks;
• Develop solutions vertically across the Web Services components including databases, web services, User Interfaces and client/server communication;
• Delivering quality software that runs smoothly in production.
• Knowledge and hands-on experience with web services, and web UI development.
• Must have strong software development skills in Java or Scala
• Understanding and some experience with asynchronous programming frameworks.
• Understanding and some experience with NoSQL or SQL databases.
• Experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design
• Experience in building network-based solutions including back-end integration with web servers, databases, and REST APIs.
• Familiarity with fast-prototyping, building and demonstrating end-to-end systems.
• Development experience on Linux, exposure to Amazon Web Services or similar providers.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Strong focus on achieving both quality and user experience in a highly dynamic development environment
• Minimum of three years’ experience developing Web services.
• Excellent (English) communicative skills in presentation, negotiation and writing.
• Highly self-motivated and able to work independently.
• Strong creative skills.
• Able to work on multiple projects in parallel.
• Educated in the field of Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering.
Position Type – Full-Time/RegularSend resume